A tankless water heater could be an option to reduce your utility bills. Although tankless water heaters can be installed in a small space and are easy to install, the process of installing gas-powered models takes more time than traditional water heater installations. Proper tankless water heater venting is essential to ensure the safe and efficient operation.
These are some things that your installer should be aware of in order to vent your tankless water heater effectively:
- No common venting: The tankless heater can not share its vent piping with other appliances, and it cannot use a chimney flue to vent.
- Special stainless steel pipes: Vent pipes must be made from stainless steel for venting corrosive gasses. If your tankless heater was vented through the standard galvanized vent, it would quickly rust.
- Condensate drain or downhill slope: The vent should be slightly downwards from the heat exchanger of the water heater. This is to prevent condensate leaking back into the heater. The heat exchanger’s life expectancy will be cut by years if it is not kept clear of corrosive condensation.
- Short vent run: To ensure exhaust of all combustion gasses from your home, the vent should be as short and as close as possible. The stainless steel vent pipe costs more than the gas supply and water piping so it is a good idea to position the tankless heater closer where the vent will exit the home. This way you’ll need less vent pipe, but more water and gas supply
… Read More
Reducing your energy consumption not only reduces your energy usage and saves you money. It will also decrease your footprint on the Earth. It all goes hand-in-hand, and it is much easier than you think. The world is in the middle of the technological era, and everything is converting over to smart devices, AI-driven business platforms, and the Internet of Things.
What this means for you is that you can take advantage of smart-home devices to save on money and energy. Let’s take a look at some of the best ways to take advantage of smart technology so you can choose from there.
- Install Smart Thermostat – the first, and arguably the most important, smart home device to use is a thermostat. You can set the temperatures and lock them down, even switching from program to program, so things turn down when you are gone and turn back up before you get home. It may not seem like a big deal, but turning down the heat even one degree will significantly impact the power bill.
- Install Smart Light Switches – Another reason your power bill may be higher than necessary is the lights that are left on. When you leave a room, turn the lights off, and teach everyone else in the home the same thing. Sometimes, though, that is not enough, so you need an option. That option is to install some smart light switches throughout your home. They will turn the lights on when you enter the room
… Read More
Various monitoring and testing methods are used to determine whether a well is operating properly. These methods include barrel tests and E-line logging. They are also called sample collection techniques and can be performed to find specific problems that can cause a drop in production. For instance, many Private Wells Fort Myers producing the same tank battery may all have a similar problem. Daily production tests may take days or weeks, depending on the good type. The amount of time spent in the monitoring process will determine the effect of the production test.
For some reason, performing barrel tests for the well testing and monitoring is essential. It can help engineers determine the potential production of a well and whether it is worth working over. It can also help determine whether the well generates the desired revenue. The regulating agency will set the maximum production amount for wells, but it is important to note this in your good tests sheet. Using this information, you can determine whether to work over other wells near yours.
When determining whether to run barrel tests, you must know how much each well produces oil or gas. These tests can be performed every day or based on a certain time. When comparing results, be sure to compare the data gathered by each well with the average daily production of the entire reservoir. The average daily production can be misleading because it does not account for problems that occur downhole.
The … Read More